LinkedIn is the world’s largest business to business social networking site and as a business owner, it is essential that you become part of it.
Here are some facts about LinkedIn and why (if you are not already) you should be involved:
- It was designed to help small-medium sized businesses obtain growth.
- The network has grown to over 150 million users over 170 countries.
- Strengthens and reinforces your existing network of contacts.
- Legitimizes your business by your association with other organizations and businesses.
- Groups can be used for research and focus group discussions.
- Potential clients can search for you as a professional and a service.
- Features an online professional resume reflecting your credentials.
- Keep track of your contacts whether people change their phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
- See who is viewing your profile, your profile popularity and how often you show up in search engines (top key words people use to search for your services).
- Build relationships quickly by joining discussion groups of your own interest or area of business.
There are many great reasons to become involved in this network. However, it takes more than setting up the account for it to work; networking is crucial.
Here are a few things you can do to maximize your profile:
- Start discussions in a group. This is a great way to have people see you as an expert.
- Pay attention to keywords in your profile summary to help increase the amount of times you show up in a relevant search.
- Target your summary towards “what’s in it for me” (me being the potential client).
You can also establish a presence for your company by setting up a Company Page. A Company Page is more accessible to business owners and can make your business visible to business owners searching for your particular products or services. A properly optimized Company Page can improve your business’ Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and overall online presence. Let us help you maximize your potential with LinkedIn. Contact us today at vsgroup.ca